12 June 2014

Pre-K... CHECK!

Kennedy finished out a great year in Pre-K this week.
I am blown away by the growth she made this year both emotionally and academically.

Pre-K taught her to:
- have more confidence
- make new friends (Becky, Stella, Tori, Claire, Isabel, Isabella, Preston, etc).
- love her teachers (Mrs. Hendricks and Mrs. Rhodes)
- know and write each letter
- understand letter sounds
- write a handful of words independently and any word with help
- know the months of the year in order
- know the days of the week in order
- understand numbers
- color in the lines (she is SO good!)
- understand Jesus better
- sit quietly during school Mass  (even though she tells me it "takes WAY too long Mom!")

Having Kennedy at St. Vincents has been wonderful and we are so happy with the education and morals/values she is receiving there. I spent eight years in Catholic school myself so it brings back a lot of great memories. I wouldn't trade the foundation it gave me for anything. I feel blessed that my girls will have the same opportunity.

Kennedy is so excited for Kindergarten and though it makes me pretty sad these days to think of her being gone all day next year... I am also so very happy for her and I am excited to see her to begin her school journey. I know she will love it and I am excited to see the little girl that will develop because of it.

A few photos from the last few days of Pre-K. :)

 
Kennedy with Mrs. Hendricks 

And with her other teacher Mrs. Rhodes 
 
School Friends!
Becky, Stella, Kennedy
 
Mara hanging with the big kids.
She already thinks her big sister's friends are "SO COOL!."

Becky, Tori, Stella, Kennedy, Dante, Jaden

Kennedy's fav friend, Becky


No comments: