17 May 2013

Mother's Day 2013


I had such a great Mother's Day weekend!
We spent a relaxing Saturday day around the house and then we took the girls to my mom's house and she babysat the girls for us for a couple of hours so Sean and I could squeeze in a little date night. We went to a great sushi restaurant in Tacoma. It was really fun to eat a nice dinner and have a few drinks with my favorite guy. I think date nights are so important ... especially with our busy kid-filled lives... I really look forward to and cherish them! 

On Sunday, I got to sleep in a bit and when I woke up Sean and the girls' had made my favorite breakfast... french toast! I know a lot of mom's enjoy breakfast in bed but I think eating in bed is just gross so I was happy to just eat it in the kitchen. LOL :) Later, I met my mom and Rachael for fun mother-daughter pedicures and then we came back to our house and Sean cooked us a steak dinner. Two great meals all in one day - can't beat that!


Hope all of the mom's I know and love had a great weekend. 
I am truly blessed to have the mom I do and I feel so fortunate to get to BE a mom to my two daughters. 
And on top of that... I am surrounded by amazing mama friends who are walking this journey of motherhood with me. Heidi, Katie, Sarah, Amy, Melissa, Stacie, Martha, Robin, Jami and many others... thanks for the constant support and laughter. I couldn't do it without you!










 My mom does not like to have her picture taken but I made her get in a few this year - so happy I did!




No comments: