17 June 2015

Lexie's Balloons

May 31st marked the one year anniversary of losing our sweet baby girl. As a family, we sent balloons up to her just as we did last year. We plan to do this every year in honor of her. The girls really enjoy doing it and they decorated the balloons with pictures and notes ... it is just the sweetest.

I am thankful for the healing that the past year has brought and I am so thankful I was able to find the strength and faith to move forward with another pregnancy. I was in a much more peaceful place as we released the balloons this year... but I couldn't help but think about where I was last year at this time. My heart was truly broken into a million little pieces. I am so grateful to not be in that place anymore and yet I know I will never quite be the same after such a heartbreaking experience. Time is a powerful thing though ... it allows the heart to heal. It doesn't heal completely and it will always be a little crooked but it's getting there and I think it's even a little stronger.

Lexie Elisabeth, we love you always and forever.


Little did we know our baby boy would join us only two days after these photos were taken. So glad I hopped in a few photos with my GI-NORMOUS belly! ;)



No comments: