20 February 2011

29 and Feelin' Fine

The beauty of not being able to drink at your own birthday party is that you wake up refreshed and ready to blog at 8:20 a.m. the following morning!

I had such a fun 29th birthday! The day began with an IHOP breakfast with my little family- I love going out to breakfast so it was a special treat. Then Amy and I met for much-needed manicures and pedicures (Amy, remember when the lady there said she didn't know you were pregnant... and you are due in a week... hmmm..)  LOL!

Later, my sweet mom babysat our sick daughter for us so we could meet friends for dinner at the Matador! There ended up being about 15 of us and it was a blast. Since most of us have kids now, it is always fun when we can get together for an evening that is kiddo-free! We had to wait in the bar for quite a while before our table was ready and as usual, the girls stood together talking a mile a minute and the guys stood together talking about... hmm... well, I have no idea. Probably sports? :)

Margaret, me, Cassidy, Sarah and Heidi
Kjell and Vanessa and Amy joined us later but these were the only two pictures I took.
Kevin, Sean, Danny, Brian, John and the other Brian

Looking forward to this 29th year! I think it is going to be a good one.

2 comments:

Amy said...

It's your last year in your 20's! Whoa! And I have known you since you were a teenager! :-) I know, how did she not know I was pregnant? She was just being nice... hey, do you think they clean the nail supplies? LOL :-)

Anonymous said...

29....Holy smokes! I will be there on Friday! Can you believe 30 is just around the corner?! Although I like to call it "20-10" like in "Fever Pitch!" It just sounds better! Happy birthday friend! I think we need to get together soon! BTW--you look great! I can't believe you are already 5 and 1/2 months along now!! :-)

~Brie