18 August 2011

Island in the Sun

The past three months have been hectic... to say the least. Just to summarize... in the past three months we have moved into a new house, Sean started his new job, I finished up my school year and began my new "stay at home mama" gig and oh yeah... we had a baby! Mix in unpacking, potty training, two-year old tantrums, long work days for Sean, sleepless nights with a newborn, a touch of postpartum depression and voila! You now have a family that desperately needed some down time! Which is why I was thrilled when Sean said he could take a few days off so we could take a "mini-vacation" on Anderson Island. As I have mentioned before, Sean's family has property over there and we are lucky enough to be able to spend time there whenever we want.

So we packed up our family of four (and by the way... we now have so much crap to pack with two kids that we had to take two cars) ... and headed to the Island. We had a fantastic time! It was the first time in the 10 years that I have known Sean that we had the place all to ourselves. Of course, we love spending time with family when we are over there but I have to admit, it was nice to have so much time with just our little family. And, we did have a few visitors which was great. Amy came over for a day as did my friend Melissa and her two girls.

Here are just a few things we loved about our "mini-vaca"...






And last, but certainly not least...

Happy Summer!

No comments: