06 January 2013

Dear Mara... at 18 Months Old

Dear Mara,
How did it happen? You are a walkin', talkin' one and a half year old... already!
I love this age. I loved it with Kennedy and it is no different this time around.
In fact, as I re-read the letter I wrote your sister when she turned eighteen months, I was reminded of how many similarities the two of you have and how many of the feelings I had for her, I have for you at this same age. You are my baby, with a large dose of toddler and a speck of little girl creeping in.

You make me laugh each and every day and I can't hug and kiss you enough.
Good thing you are so attached to me and you don't mind... you truly are my little shadow.
You are a goofy kid... with a goofy sense of humor. I love goofy so you and I were made for each other.




You are curious and oh-so-playful... not unlike a little puppy, actually.

And oh-my-goodness... do you LOVE your sister!
And you really love taking her toys, much to her dismay... and utter frustration.
I hear the phrase "Mara!" in exasperation from big sis SEVERAL times a day.
But don't worry, baby girl. She loves you to pieces...  of that I am positive.



I love your curls.

And your long lashes, button nose and adorably furry brows.

You still have your pacifier and just like with your sister at this age, I don't care.
I am pretty sure you won't be taking it to kindergarten with you.

For the rest of my life, I will vividly remember this about you... you love  playing with your hair.
When you are tired... or observant... or snuggling with someone... your hand is in your hair.
I would be willing to bet you did this in my belly, as well.


You are a wonderful sleeper! 7 pm- 8 am consistently. You go girl.
Your vocabulary is expanding by the day. Consistent words include: mama, dada, yeah, no, duh (all done), app (apple), ilk (milk), wa (water), bum-bum, okay. You can point many body parts (nose, eyes, ears, hair, teeth, bum bum, toes, fingers, belly button, etc). You understand absolutely everything we say. It cracks  me up. One of my favorite memories is when I told Kennedy she needed to choose a few books to bring on our car ride. Next thing I know...YOU have gone and brought me several books from the playroom.

You're an eater, just like your sister. You love all foods... without exception. But a few favorites are fruit, quesadillas, pasta, cereal... and anything sweet of course :)

Your official 18-month appointment isn't for another week or so but according to our home scale, you are just shy of 20 lbs.... almost exactly the same weight as Kennedy was at this age.

While you share many similar personality traits with your sister, I think there will be some differences, too.
There already are.
Time will tell and I am excited to see all of the unique things that do and will make you... you. 

I love you my sweet baby girl. More than you will ever know.

Love,
Your Mama

No comments: