21 January 2014

Welcome 2014!

We spent a fun New Year's Eve at our house with a few overnight guests. The Williams and Willoughby families joined us for a fun night of dinner, drinks and the hilarious game Cards Against Humanity. The Richards(with new baby Jack!) and our neighbors, the Heimgartner's, also came for some of our night as well! I only took a few photos ... Heidi took quite a few and if I get around to getting them from her, I will add them to this post!



Six (because I couldn't think of any more) resolutions for 2014...

1. Be more present. Fall was a really busy time for me - I felt swamped with balancing photography, the girls, the house etc. My photography has turned into a solid part-time job but the problem is I don't have any childcare so I do my part-time job AND my full-time job which is the kids and the house. My goal for 2014 is to find some balance with this either in the form of some childcare 1-2 times per week or in the form of cutting back on the photography. I have not felt as present and in the moment with my kids the past couple of months and I don't like that.

2. Lose 10 lbs. (c'mon... what New Years Resolution list isn't complete without this one?!?!).

3. Get one of my photographs published in either a print or digital form.

4. Eat more veggies.

5. Spend more time outside.

6. Re-discover reading.... one of the great loves of my life that has been seriously neglected as of late.

No comments: